PHYS1: INTRO TO PHYSICS
This course is an introduction to the fundamental physical principles that control the world around us. Students will explore the fundamental principles of physics, their historical development, their application to everyday phenomena, and their impact upon political, social, and environmental issues. Laboratory exercises will explore the everyday world. ADVISORY: 数学ematics 205.
- Identify, describe, compare and contrast the various units of numbers and their significance.
- Identify, describe, compare and contrast random and systematic errors.
- Describe the Scientific Method.
- Identify, describe, compare and contrast distance, displacement, speed, velocity and acceleration.
- Identify, describe, compare and contrast forces, Newton's Laws, conservation of momentum, conservation of energy, power, and work.
- Describe the structure of an atom.
- Identify, describe, compare and contrast the structure of and differences between various states of matter.
- Describe, compare and contrast temperature, heat energy, heat transfer, and the first and second Laws of Thermodynamics.
- Describe, identify, compare and contrast longitudinal, transverse, sound, and light waves.
- Describe, compare and contrast electric and magnetic fields, resistance, current, and voltage.